First Tee (National) College Scholarship Program
The First Tee College Scholarship Program provides valuable, life-changing opportunities for the youth of First Tee. Helping them prepare for success is at the core of our mission. We believe in encouraging youth to pursue their dreams and further their education.
This program awards participants who excel in academics, leadership, character development, and chapter and community involvement. Thanks to our generous donors, First Tee is proud to offer up to a $20,000 scholarship, mentoring throughout the college experience, professional development workshops and assistance in securing internships and jobs through the First Tee College Scholarship Program.
Applications are accepted once per year from seniors in high school who meet the minimum eligibility requirements. All components of the application will be reviewed with consideration that this program offers need and merit-based scholarships.
Thanks to our partnerships with Chevron and Trugreen, we will have new opportunities in 2021 for seniors who want to focus on STEM, agronomy and other science-related fields. Be sure to share this opportunity with your seniors and encourage them to apply.
To be eligible for the First Tee College Scholarship Program, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be classified as a high school senior as of December 31, 2020
- Minimum score of 28 on the ACT and/or 1340 on the SAT
- Test-Optional guidelines will be followed due to implications of COVID-19: If you were able to complete the ACT or SAT, please submit scores and they will be factored into your review. If you were unable to take these tests due to COVID-19, you are still eligible to apply for this program.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale
- Intent to attend a four-year accredited college or university in Fall 2021
- If selected, the participant must be able to attend the Pre-College Retreat and the annual Winter Workshop
Chapter and Community Participation
- Registered and active in First Tee headquarters database at the time of application deadline
- Involved in chapter activities at the time of application submission
- Participants who have spent a longer amount of time in First Tee programs will receive higher consideration in the selection.
- Evidence of responsible volunteerism or citizenship through meaningful involvement in community and/or civic activities
Selection Process and Application
Application Release: January 11, 2021
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
Class Announced: May 31, 2021
*Online applications MUST be submitted by the First Tee participant. First Tee will NOT accept correspondence from families of participants. The deadline to apply online is March 15, 2021.
Following the application closing date, a judging committee made up of headquarters staff, chapter staff and an outside representative will review the submissions and identify candidates who will be selected for the First Tee College Scholarship Program 2021 class.