Life skills experience program
TARGet & Player Level Updates
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide in-person programming for Target & PLAYer level participants this summer. The social distancing restrictions associated with COVID-19 will not allow us to safely conduct programs for our youngest participants.
- We will be moving our previously scheduled July 6th session to all virtual programming. Our coaches will be conducting individual lessons twice a week for our participants for FREE! In addition to individual lessons, we will be hosting a series of Q&As with celebrity guests. Stay tuned for an announcement on who the celebrity guests will be! You will be able to access all lessons and Q&A’s as they roll out.
- We will be offering live virtual classes from July 27th – August 21st. These classes will have fewer kids leading to more engagement with their coaches. Classes will also include a playing card that will allow participants to play 4 rounds at the Blossom Trails Par 3 Course with a paying adult at your convenience.
Refund Policy: We are happy to issue a refund to all participants upon request. If you would like a refund, make your registration payment a donation, or have us issue a credit for next summer, please email email@example.com so we can track accordingly. Please list all participants if you registered multiple in your email response to us.
Par, BIRdie, EAGLE & ACE level updates
- In our ever changing world, we have continued to adapt to create our new normal for our families at First Tee! The safety of our participants, their families, our employees and volunteers remains our top priority. We continue to monitor the rapidly changing developments regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), including recommendations from Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization and local health administrators. To that end, we have altered the traditional summer programming schedule.
- We will be moving our previously scheduled July 6th session to all virtual programming with in-person programs now beginning Monday, July 27.
- For virtual programming starting July 6th, our coaches will be conducting individual lessons twice a week for our participants for FREE! In addition to the individual lessons, we will be hosting a series of Q&As with celebrity guests. Stay tuned for an announcement on who the celebrity guests will be! You will be able to access all lessons and Q&A’s as they roll out.
Par, Birdie, Eagle & ACE Updated Schedule:
- Virtual Session for All Levels: July 6 – July 24 (NO REGISTRATION NEEDED)
- In-Person Programming: July 27 – Aug 21
*You will receive updated Life Skills Experience safety protocols on June 22nd.
*All classes will be limited in size due to current CDC guidelines. We will adjust class sizes accordingly in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization and local health administrators.
Refund Policy:We are happy to issue a refund to all participants upon request. If you would like a refund, make your registration payment a donation, or have us issue a credit for next summer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can track accordingly. Please list all participants if you registered multiple in your email response to us.
If you are only registered for session 1 and/or 2 and would like to use that as a credit for the in-person session starting July 27th, please let us know which class you would like us to switch you to.
Online registration & updated schedule
We are extremely excited to again offer online registration this year and look forward to a great summer program! This is only our third year offering the online registration process and we are striving to make this process as smooth as possible. Here are a few details that will be helpful when registering. If you’re having any trouble at all during registration, please don’t hesitate to call us at 269-210-6968 or email us at email@example.com.
TIPS FOR REGISTRATION
- Click the “register here” button below or the “Register” button at the top of your screen
- Click the orange “Login” button in the upper left part of the screen. Please do not create a new account if you have an existing login. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a password reset.
- Once logged in, click the “choose one” tab to select your participant (you will need to repeat steps 3-6 if you are registering multiple participants)
- Click the blue “First Tee Benton Harbor 2020 Life Skills Experience”
- Select the class(es) you want for each participant(s)
- Click the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of the screen
- Click the “Proceed to Checkout” button at the bottom of the screen and follow the next steps to complete registration
*Ask us about scholarships for financial need
A YOUTH PROGRAM UNLIKE ANY OTHER
First Tee of Benton Harbor emphasizes Ten Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy, judgment and inclusion. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
First Tee of Benton Harbor uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 through senior year of high school regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee of Benton Harbor helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
“As I look back at my experience with First Tee of Benton Harbor, I’ve realized that the instructors, mentors, and volunteers at the program, played a huge part in who I am today. Because of First Tee of Benton Harbor, I’ve obtained the confidence to set goals for myself and believe that I have the potential to achieve them.”
– Courtney Rooker, First Tee of Benton Harbor alumnus
ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
From age 5 through senior year of high school, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- Target (Ages 5 & 6) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- PLAYer (Ages 7 & 8) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (Ages 9+) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (Ages 11+) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (Ages 13+) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (Ages 14+ or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.