First Tee’s Top 5 Reasons Girls Should Play Sports—Like Golf!
1. Builds confidence: Girls who play sports have greater levels of self-esteem, self-image and are less likely to use illicit drugs.
2. Golf scholarships: Did you know that hundreds of female college golf scholarships are unused each year?
3. Friendships: Golf is a fantastic way for girls to build lasting relationships with others while experiencing competition in a fun, supportive environment.
4. Develop a strong work ethic: 82% of women in executive-level jobs who played organized sports in middle, high or post-secondary school reported that sports, like golf, helped them with leadership skills, teamwork, discipline and perseverance.
5. Perseverance: And, of course by being involved with sports, girls learn how to keep playing when nothing seems to go right.
First Tee of Benton Harbor Girls on the Green program provides girls the platform they need to become high-achievers in their personal goals, boost their self-esteem and experience competition in a fun, supportive environment.
Studies have consistently shown that when girls learn in a “girl-friendly” environment, they:
- Experience higher levels of engagement and participation
- Are more comfortable learning and developing skills
- Have heightened confidence in their abilities for self-expression and communication.
- Are more likely to engage in-group activities.
Canvas Painting, Escape Room, Mini-Golf, Two-Team Scramble Challenge at Blossom Trails, Greeted First Tee Cup participants, Golf Classes